Who doesn’t love a deliciously, warm crumble during the cold winter months? The only problem is, these normally come laden with calories and saturated fat and therefore can hinder your progress. That’s why we’ve created a healthy version of the winter favourite, Blackberry Crumble, that will keep your macros in check and satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop French Vanilla IdealLean Protein
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup blackberries, frozen or fresh
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- To make the crumble topping, combine the flour, protein, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut oil, and honey in a bowl. Stir to mix, and set aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the blackberries, cornstarch, and coconut sugar. Pour mixture into a 6-inch baking dish. Top the berries with the crumble mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes, cover with foil and bake 5 more minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a bit. Optional: enjoy with low-sugar, vanilla frozen yoghurt!
- 230 calories
- 6g protein
- 33g carbs
- 10g fat
Get your vanilla protein for your Blackberry Crumble recipe here: