We’ve all heard the rumours that ‘bread is bad for you’, but that is not the case – WE LOVE TOAST! Wholemeal bread is packed with fibre and complex carbohydrates, making them the perfect breakfast ingredient! This delicious eggs and avocado toast recipe makes the perfect high-protein recipe that will fuel your body before or after a workout!
Eggs & Avocado Toast
This eggs and avocado toast recipe couldn’t be easier, with minimal prep time and only a few ingredients it’s the perfect protein-packed breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices of wholemeal rye bread (Use wholemeal or seeded loaf as desired)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 handful of pine nuts
- Optional: handful of spinach
- Slice avocado into small chunks.
- Boil 2 eggs until desired (we like our yolks to be a little runny!).
- Toast two slices of bread.
- Lightly Drizzle toast with olive oil (and add a handful of spinach if using).
- Lay avocado slices on top of the toast.
- Slice boiled eggs up and lay across avocado and spinach.
- Finally, sprinkle with pine nuts and season with salt and pepper.
If you loved this #BoastYourToast recipe and are a lover of avocado, why not check out our protein-powered, healthy turkey and avocado snack wraps?