One of our guest recipe creators, @plant_powered_rachel, has come up with the most delicious way to combine sweet cherries, decadent chocolate, protein-packed black beans and our vegan-friendly protein to create these healthy and super delicious chocolate vegan protein brownies! Trust us, they really do taste as good as they look!
Photo credit: Instagram @plant_powered_rachel
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked black beans
- 1 cup of dates soaked in 1 cup of boiling water
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder
- 1 cup of oats ground to flour
- 2 scoops of IdealFit chocolate vegan protein
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Simply add all the ingredients except the cherries and chocolate chips to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove from the processor and place in a bowl.
- Add in the cherries and chocolate chips (saving some for the top).
- Stir and then smooth into a lined tin.
- Top with the extra cherries and chocolate chips and bake for 20 mins at 180 C.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before slicing into squares.
For more delicious, protein-packed treats, take a look at our Top 5 Healthy High Protein Recipes!