Weekends can be harder to stay on track with your health and fitness goals and it’s often a time where people head straight for the treats! I mean, calories don’t count on a weekend right ladies? Sadly, wrong (we really wish we weren’t though!). However, our delicious recipe for Chocolate Banana Bread will allow you to have a little indulgence, without sacrificing your goals.
This recipe calls for vegan protein, however, of course, you can use our IdealLean Chocolate Brownie protein as a substitute for the IdealLean Vegan Protein.
Protein Chocolate Banana Bread
Makes 8 servings:
- 1 – large egg
- 2tbsp – honey
- 2tbsp – natural peanut butter
- .33c – unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 – ripe bananas, mashed
- 1c – whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop – Ideallean Chocolate Vegan Protein
- .5tsp – baking soda
- .5tsp – baking powder
- – dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular-sized loaf tin with some low-calorie spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg, honey, peanut butter, applesauce, and bananas. Mix well, and set aside.
- Stir in the flour, protein powder, baking powder and soda and salt just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin. Bake in the oven for approx 30-40 minutes. Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
- Optional: Top with melted peanut butter and sliced bananas.
Per serving of Chocolate Banana Bread:
Shop our Vegan Range now!