Pancake day is nearly here and we’ve put together some of our favourite protein pancake recipes for you to get creative with this year! Avoid sugar and calorie-filled favourites and instead, try these deliciously moreish protein pancakes to help keep you on track!
Gingerbread Protein Pancakes
- 1/2 c white whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop French Vanilla IdealLean Protein
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cloves
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. molasses/black treacle
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c unsweetened almond milk
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, protein powder, salt, and spices in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk together.
- Pre-heat a frying pan over a medium-high heat and use a couple of sprays of Frylight or low-calorie oil. Once hot, pour pancake-sized portions of the batter into the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the edges start to turn golden brown. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat until you have 6 pancakes!
- Top pancakes with desired toppings and enjoy!
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
- 1/4 cup IdealLean Chocolate Brownie protein
- 4 large eggs
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- Pre-heat a frying pan over a medium heat and spray with low-calorie oil or Frylight.
- Place eggs, oats and banana in a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds.
- Add the protein powder, cinnamon and cocoa powder to the blender and blend again for 30-40 seconds on a low setting until mixture forms a batter.
- Place about 1/4 cup of batter into the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes until edges go slightly crispy. Flip and cook for the same amount on the other side.
- Serve with optional toppings as desired!
Vanilla Protein Pancakes
It might not be your birthday (or maybe it is!) but these vanilla protein pancakes are delicious for all occasions!
Shop your Protein to make your protein pancakes!