1/8 c whole wheat pastry flour
1 scoop Strawberries ‘N Cream IdealLean Protein
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, cold and cubed
1/2 c plain fat-free greek yogurt
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. unsweetened almond milk, divided
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 c strawberries, diced
2 tbsp. miniature chocolate chips, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or the back of a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
4. Stir in the greek yogurt, agave, 2 tablespoons of milk, and vanilla. Fold in the strawberries and 1 1/2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.
5. Shape the dough into a 3/4″ tall circle on the prepared baking sheet, and brush with the remaining milk.
6. Slice the circle into 8 triangular segments with a sharp knife.
9. Gently press the 1/2 tbsp. of remaining chocolate chips into the tops.
10. Bake at 220°C for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden. Try not to over bake it. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Total Prep Time= 10 minutes
Cook time= 15-18 minutes
Serves 8/ Serving size= 1 scone
For more delicious recipes, head over to our instagram @idealfituk